Thursday 8 December 2011

Book 1 - Researching Agents


I finished the second draft of my book last week and am having a break from it until the New Year. In the meantime, as well as watching cheesy made-for-tv Christmas films, stuffing myself with mince pies and emptying the sky plus box in preparation for all the things I want to tape over Christmas, I have been researching agents.

I am finding the process both inspiring and terrifying. Inspiring because I dream of the day I am taken on by an agent but also I'm terrified at the prospect of my sample chapters and synopsis sitting in the slush pile among all the other hopefuls. What are the chances of mine being liked?

I'll try not to answer that question otherwise I'll never start submitting and then the chances will be significantly lower (i.e zero). At least if it's out there, I am giving myself the chance, however remote.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving those silly made for TV Christmas movies too. No violence, no blood and guts!! Love it. I have yet to make my mince pies. On the agenda for this weekend though!

    As they say about the Irish Sweepstakes...if you are not in you can't win! Take the chance, you will be glad you did. Otherwise you will always be wondering, 'What if'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made my own mince pies. I am eating the ones lovingly prepared by Asda!

    I will have to read this again when I'm ready to start submitting and feel myself turning into a great big chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I appreciate them all. Apart from spam, obviously.